16 October 2010

God at Work in Diverse Ways

This post was intended to go up a few days ago, but I've been sick the past few days.  I apologize for the delay.




I've heard it said that God works in many wonderful and diverse ways, but rarely have I been as aware of this fact in such a concentrated period of time as this past weekend (Thursday to Sunday).

God works in diverse ways in the administration of ministries. This weekend alone, I was able to witness this diversity present through parish council meetings, circuit planning meetings, website designs for the circuit and creche, congregation AGMs, and hospital board meetings.

The diverse ways in which we worship God reflect the diversity in God's Works. Whether conducting traditional worship services on Sundays or holding prayer and praise sessions during exam preparations, God is at work whenever we are worshipping.

All of God's Children are vessels for godly works, regardless of their diverse ages. One way in which children are a blessing is through their uninhibited faith in God. One way in which youth are a blessing is through the fearlessness in proclaiming what they believe. One way in which adults are a blessing is through the wisdom that comes through years of experience. God makes use of the blessings of each generation, and I certainly got to experience that this weekend.

Beauty exists in all of God's diverse creation. As I was travelling with my supervisor to a hospital board meeting about 350 km (~220 miles) from Durban, I witnessed the beauty in the diverse landscape along the way. Later that same day, I was blessed to attend a presentation by the first African (South African) to mount the seven summits. He videoed all of his climbs, but this presentation focused specifically on his Mt. Everest expedition. I was reminded again of the majesty and beauty in God's creation.

1 comment:

  1. Mike! We sang "Earth and All Stars" this morning and worship, and I was thinking about all of those things as well. I hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete